Dreaming Of Love Your Home’s Exclusive House Fabrics
A sofa sees so much of the toing and froing of everyday life. It patiently listens to stories shared with friends over a cuppa. It shares binge-worthy TV box sets. It’s a place that sees break-ups, and make-ups, children playing, cats clawing and sometimes just a quiet, peaceful night in.
That’s why we care so much about each and every sofa, corner sofa, chaise longue or footstool we create. Because it plays an important part in the tapestry of everyone’s life. Every single piece of furniture we make is made to last by expert craftspeople with sustainable materials and fabrics that we personally handpick.
Choosing a fabric for a new sofa or upholstering a family heirloom is a personal choice. That’s why we launched a stunning collection of house fabrics for our customers to choose from – created exclusively for us.
Where Do We Source Our House Fabrics?
All our house fabrics are sourced directly from third- and fourth-generation European mills. And we work hard to ensure that these materials are easy to care for so that they can be enjoyed by busy households for many years. Whichever fabrics we use, we always focus on quality, affordability and durability.
What Are Our House Fabrics Made From?
We have two different types of house fabrics. One is a House Linen, made from a linen blend, the other is a House Wool, made from a wool blend. We have chosen blends so that they are more hardwearing and last longer. You can read more about how linen is made in a previous blog here.
Are Love Your Home House Fabrics Good For Upholstery?
Absolutely! We have created them specifically for upholstering furniture, whether that’s for a new collection or for existing pieces that need updating.
As with everything at Love Your Home, each sofa, armchair and cushion is designed to last. That means we only create fabrics that are suitable for upholstery and can handle a bit of wear and tear. Here are some things to look out for when choosing a fabric for your sofa:
- Durability: You want to make sure that the fabric won’t rub away to nothing after a few uses. We measure durability with the Martindale rub test, which calculates how hardwearing the material is. The perimeters for this test range from around 10,000 for light and occasional use to 50,000 or more for heavy duty use.
- Comfort: What does it feel like? You want to make sure a fabric sits well on your skin if you’re using it for a sofa or chair. After all, you may be spending long nights cosying up in it.
- Colour: Does it come in the right shade? You’ll also need to know that it goes with your decor, either blending in with existing palettes or offering a striking contrast.
Order Free Fabric Swatches Today
You can see all our fabric samples online. However, some colours on screen may differ to the colours in real life, so we always recommend ordering our samples. You can request up to eight free fabric swatches to any UK address. Simply enter your details in the form online and wait for the delivery.
How To Care For Our House Fabrics
Looking after your sofa will keep it in good condition for longer. That means dealing with stains straight away and providing the right after-care. The best thing to do is read the care label on the material. This will tell you if the fabric can be machine washed or not, and provide ironing and tumble drying tips. Here are some extra helpful hints:
- Vacuum regularly: this will help prevent crumbs and dust damaging the fabric. Make sure to hoover underneath cushions, along seams and along the back. It helps to prevent surface dirt embedding into the weave. It will also help to remove any pet hair if you have a furry friend in the house.
- Don’t scrub a stain: instead, try and use a clean damp cloth to soak up the liquid. Rubbing the stain will only make it harder to get out and will damage the fabric. For more stubborn stains a mild detergent can be used, but try to dab the mark, not scrub it.
Choose From These Love Your Home House Fabrics
So, how are you going to dress up your sofa? Our house fabrics are a good place to start. Durable, soft and luxurious you can’t go wrong.
Our House Wool comes in three muted, demure colours. Each one is soft to the touch making it a pleasure to sink into. We have created this wool as a blend to ensure that it lasts longer. To look after it, you can send it to the dry cleaners and use a cool iron. But make sure not to machine wash, bleach or tumble dry the fabrics.
- Martindale rub test: 100,000
- Dry clean only.
- Composition: 70% wool, 10% polyamide, 15% polyester, 5% other fibres
Similar to the House Wool, our House Linen is a clever blend to ensure that it can withstand general wear and tear in a busy household. It comes in two refreshing and calming colours: linen and marble. Make sure not to bleach or tumble dry them. Instead, you can pop them on a gentle machine wash and use a warm iron or send them to the dry cleaners.
- Martindale rub test: 30,000
- Machine wash at 30 degrees.
- Composition: 70% Viscose, 30% Linen