LYHFL Ltd trading as Love Your Home is registered in England and Wales, company no. 08643440, VAT No: 169546857, and with our registered office at Colin Noon, 'Pentland', Farley Heath, Albury, Nr Guildford, Surrey GU5 9EW.
LYHFL Ltd. Is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for consumer credit. FRN 779804 for the purposes of credit broking.
- These Terms and Conditions of Trading apply to all contracts between LYHFL Ltd. and the customer in relation to all sales of our products and services.
- Any order you place with us is not accepted until we have provided you with a written Sales Order confirmation (by email, post or in person).
- Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document issued by us is subject to correction without any liability on our part.
- We reserve the right to update these Terms from time to time by posting the updated version on our Website, at which point they will apply to any future orders made (but will not affect any existing orders). Examples of reasons for change include changes to our products, prices, guarantee or delivery terms, changes to our business needs or supply structure, or for technical or legal reasons.
- ‘Bespoke Product(s)’: any Product that we make to your specifications or that we personalise for you. This includes (without limitation) where you request that we make changes to a product, including to the finish, stitching, piping, cushion pads, fabric mixes or upholstery. This also includes Customer Own Material Products.
- ‘Clearance’ and ‘Ex-display’ Product(s)’: any Products sold at a reduced price to our normal retail price, as remnants or as substandard, including but not limited to Products sold at a discounted price as a direct consequence of showroom or warehouse clearance.
- ‘In-stock Products’: are ready-made products available to order held in our UK Warehouses.
- ‘Customer Own Material(s)’: applies to any fabric that you supply to us or which you specify and is not on our website.
- ‘Guarantees’: our Guarantees that are set out in section Guarantees.
- ‘Product(s)’: any sofas, sofa beds, armchairs, beds, footstools, cushions, mattresses or other products that we sell.
- ‘Standard Range’: any Products that are listed on our Website in the sizes and fabrics as listed and which are not Bespoke Products, Clearance Products or Customer Own Material Products.
- ‘UK Mainland’: this is the main island of Britain; it excludes Northern Ireland and any islands that are geographically separate from the main island of Britain.
- ‘Website’: www.love-your-home.co.uk and our associated web pages.
- ‘IFC’: Interest Free Credit payment plan provided by our finance provider Hitachi Capital UK plc. subject to eligibility.
- Individuals who reside in the UK intend our Website for use; however, we may at our discretion also accept orders from individuals who reside outside of the UK. Transportation may be arranged by the customer, however we will not be held responsible for any damages of faults that occur after it has left our UK warehouse.
- Please note that our delivery and returns policies differ according to whether you are resident in the UK Mainland, non-UK Mainland or outside the UK.
- All Products are subject to availability.
- It is your sole responsibility to choose the colour and quality of the fabrics for your order that is suitable for your intended use of those Products, and to take all appropriate measurements in your property to ensure that the dimensions of those Products are suitable for your intended use of them.
- The dimensions of Products we supply may vary from those stated in their specification due to the items being handmade, but we will endeavour to ensure that they are within a 2% commercial tolerance of those stated.
- Any Clearance or Ex-display Products will be identified and be stated to be sold as such on the Website or in our showroom. Such Products may not necessarily be in perfect condition, so please check before you buy that they are of a satisfactory quality for their intended particular use.
- We will endeavour to match as accurately as possible the colour and texture of the fabric of your Products to the samples chosen, but variations in both the colour and texture may occur, due to slight batch variation.
- Leather Products are made from natural leather and accordingly they may not be uniform in colour or texture. Only the finest hides are selected but they will show natural marks and scars on the hide. Some leathers will mellow with age and exposure to sunlight and heat.
- All descriptions of products are correct at the time of publication. We continually strive to improve our product range and reserve the right to amend the specification of Products without prior notice in relation to future sales.
- Occasionally we experience difficulties in supplying certain Products and fabrics and we may need to substitute them with alternatives of equal or better standard and value. We will contact you to let you know if we intend to do this and your order will be put on hold pending your acceptance of the change; an appropriate substitute may not always be possible. If you do not accept a substitute that is materially different from the Product that you originally ordered, we will cancel your order for the relevant Product and provide you with a full refund.
- Beds and Mattresses are sold separately. All bed prices shown do not include a mattress.
- All prices include VAT, unless stated otherwise, at the prevailing rate, currently 20% and are subject to any promotional offer or discount. If you live outside the UK, please note that the price you see on our Website may differ from what we charge you due to, for example, differences in your country’s VAT rate.
- All prices we have quoted you are valid for up to 28 days from the date on which the quote was given, unless otherwise indicated by us.
- Prices listed on the main Product page, before size, fabric quality, leg choice etc. are selected, reflect our starting prices for the range.
- Clearance and Ex-display Products displayed on our website with item price discount, cannot be discounted further with any other current promotional code. Any promotional code offers are strictly to be used for new Product orders via our e-commerce website www.love-your-home.co.uk. Any online purchases made with any additional discount promotion codes for Clearance and Ex-Display Products will be cancelled and refunded in full.
- Promotional discounts are applied on checkout and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers. Only one valid offer may be used at a time.
- We require a 50% deposit for all orders of Standard and Bespoke Products in order to start production of your order. The balance payment is collected approximately 9 days prior to your delivery date.
- Orders of In-Stock, Ex-Display or Clearance Products require payment in full at the time of placing the order.
- We accept the forms of payments that are stated on our Website during the online purchase process.
- When you buy from us you have the choice of applying for an Interest Free Credit payment plan with our consumer credit provider Hitachi Capital UK plc. When purchasing online you may apply for this by adding your purchase to the shopping basket, selecting the option to pay by credit finance, and completing a finance application form. If your payment plan application is approved, you will receive an email informing you how to download the finance agreement offered. Such agreement will provide the full details of the payment plan that is offered, therefore please read this agreement carefully before deciding whether you wish to enter into it. If you have been accepted for a credit payment plan then we require payment of the required deposit at the time stated for payment of that deposit in your credit payment plan agreement. Any delay in payment will affect the delivery of your Products.
- By submitting an IFC payment plan application to us you consent to us or our consumer credit provider carrying out a credit score check on you.
- IFC payment plans are only available to UK residents aged 18 and over, and are subject to status, a minimum order value of £1000 and acceptance by us or our consumer credit provider, Hitachi Capital UK plc.
- For further details about IFC payment plans please see the IFC section of our Website or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01483 410007
- We are unable to offer IFC for orders placed with a discount of more than 10%
- For all orders from our Standard Range, we aim to deliver Products to your specified UK Mainland address within six to eight weeks from the date on which we receive your deposit payment.
- Delivery times may be extended for Bespoke Products and Customer own Material Products. In all cases we will provide you with an approximate delivery estimate at the time you place your order and we shall provide you with a delivery date and window closer to the date of delivery.
- We use third party delivery companies to fulfil our deliveries and goods are held in their warehouse locations just prior to delivery.
- Our third party delivery teams only operate Monday to Friday, between 7am – 6pm. Saturday appointments may be available on request. Deliveries are not made on Sundays and public holidays in the UK.
- For Clearance and Ex-display Products our third party delivery companies will deliver them to you within 1-3 weeks. Separate delivery charges will apply, details of which are on our website.
- If you are unable to take delivery of your Products on the delivery date agreed with our third party delivery company, please contact them at least 48 hours before the confirmed delivery date. Failure to do so may result in administration charges.
- If you are unable to take delivery within 20 working days of the confirmed delivery date advised we have the right to charge you storage charges at £25 per week for each item.
- We will endeavour to deliver your Products on the confirmed delivery date; if your allocated third party delivery company are unable to do so they will endeavour to contact you at least 48 hours beforehand to arrange a new delivery date.
- In the event we are unable to complete a delivery because of access constraints to and/or in the building, a £45 re-stocking fee will be charged. It is your responsibility to advise us at the time of ordering of any non-standard delivery circumstances that may apply.
- We shall not have any liability to you for any delivery failures or delays that are caused by anything beyond our reasonable control.
- Deliveries of Standard, Bespoke and In-Stock orders within the M25 qualify for free delivery. Deliveries within Mainland UK outside the M25 and deliveries within Northern Ireland will be subject to delivery charges; we will inform you of these before you place your order.
- To avoid any damage to your property or any items therein during the course of delivery, it is your responsibility to ensure clear access to the relevant room(s) in advance of delivery, including keeping children and pets out of the way, removing any precious items and protecting floors as necessary.
- We are not responsible for the removal or movement of any furniture or other items upon delivery unless we have agreed this with you in advance.
- Please do inform the delivery team when booking your delivery window if the item/s are being delivered to a 2nd floor or above. If delivery to a higher floor without the use of a suitably large lift is requested then we will inform you whether we can deliver to that floor and whether a difficult access charge may apply.
- If our third party delivery company accidentally damages Products in the course of delivery, then our liability for that damage is limited to the repair, refund or replacement of the Products or the value thereof. Where possible, refunds will be made using the same means of payment as you used to purchase the Products. In the case of card payments, refunds will be made to the original card of purchase.
- Any damage to the Products or your property or its contents as a direct result of our delivery service must be reported to us by email within three business days of the delivery taking place. You must also sign the delivery note as ‘damaged’. If you do not report such damage to us within this time frame or sign the note as ‘damaged’ then we shall not be liable to you for any such damage.
- Our third party delivery team may inform you that they are willing to deliver the Products but that, in their opinion, access to the delivery address is inadequate for them to make delivery without risking causing damage to the Products or your property or its contents. In this event, if you request that our delivery team proceeds with delivery then such delivery will be at your own risk and we accept no responsibility for any damage that may occur. You will also be asked to sign a damage waiver.
- Our delivery team will unwrap and assemble all Products upon delivery and take away the packaging.
- If you require your order to be delivered outside the UK Mainland we may be able to arrange delivery for you. Please contact us to discuss this on 01483 410007.
- Products transported outside the UK may be subject to customs, handling, import and/or export duties, and may require licences, clearances and other consents in order for the Products to be so transported. You will be responsible for the payment of any such duties and for obtaining and maintaining any such licences, clearances and consents. We therefore recommend that you contact your local customs office or an experienced export carrier for further information before placing your order. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the territory for which the Products are destined. We shall not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws and regulations.
Cancellations, Amendments and Returns
- We can accept cancellations of In-stock, Clearance and Ex-Display orders at any time up to the delivery date.
- Orders of Products from our Standard Range can be amended within 7 days of placing the order, or cancelled either before delivery, or you may request a return within 14 days of delivery.
- We regret we cannot accept amendments or cancellations of Bespoke Products i.e. orders that are made specifically for you. This includes upholstered items and mattresses that have been made to order. Bespoke items are indicated as such on your order confirmation.
- Here at Love Your Home we are happy to offer our customers a straightforward free returns policy on any order, which you are not completely satisfied with, provided the item is a Standard or In-stock Product where no individual size or finish options have been specified by you. Our free returns policy applies to our standard fabric and leather product collection with the exception of any made to measure, special fabrics, non-standard fabrics i.e. fabrics not shown on this site, or, customers own fabrics where no returns are possible.
- Products must be returned to us in a saleable condition and we reserve the right to make reasonable deductions from the amount refunded to you if there is signs of wear and/or damage to the Products. All returned Products will be inspected in our warehouse and if deemed to be damaged or soiled, we will charge you a fee to reflect the amount by which the value of the Products has been diminished. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
- The returns policy does not apply to goods held in storage by prior arrangement once delivered.
- Returns of Clearance and Ex-Display Products will be accepted and will incur an £85 collection fee.
- If you exercise your right to cancel a Product then we will refund the price of that Product you paid to us when you placed the order, including the costs of delivery you were charged. Where possible, refunds will be made using the same means of payment as you used to purchase the relevant Products. In the case of card payments, refunds will be made to the original card of purchase. Please note that refunds are normally done within 10 working days but these can take up to 30 days due to our payment gateway provider refund policy.
- We cannot accept any compensation claims for factory delays, fabrics being out of stock, outside of our reasonable control.
- If you order Products and you arrange for the Products to be shipped to a location outside the UK Mainland, you still have the right to return the Products but it is your responsibility to arrange for and pay for the Products to be shipped back to the UK Mainland and to our nominated warehouse.
- We reserve the right to cancel or refuse any order placed online, in the showroom or via telephone within 30 calendar days of the order being placed.
- If you wish to exercise your right to cancel a Product order please contact us on 01483 410007 or email us at email@example.com. A convenient time will be arranged for our couriers to collect any items.
Customer Own Materials
- Customer Own Materials applies to any fabric that you supply to us or which you specify and is not on our Website (‘Customer Own Material’). We refer to any Product that, at your request, we make with a Customer Own Material as a ‘Bespoke Product’.
- We may refuse to use any Customer Own Material that we consider to be unsuitable.
- You agree to ensure that your Customer Own Material is in all respects safe and suitable for application in the Product.
- We will own Customer Own Materials when we receive them; ownership of any of them which we return to you (whether unused or incorporated in the Product) will revert to you upon delivery to you.
- We may cut, work on and otherwise treat and deal with your Customer Own Materials as we consider appropriate in the course of making the Product and (unless you state in writing with your order that surplus should be returned to you) we may use or dispose of excess fabric or items as we think fit.
- Fabric batches may vary and there can be slight variations between batches especially with natural fabrics. The most common variation is that of colour – although the actual variation is often almost negligible or very slight. Some fabrics are more susceptible to this than others.
- Whilst we guarantee to make all items in your order from the same batch, we cannot guarantee that subsequent orders will match your original order.
- Because of the nature of the materials used, any finishes such as stain guards, that are applied to the exterior of our Products may alter the final colour and feel of the fabric.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for fading or discolouration caused by exposure to direct or indirect sunlight. Sunlight affects different fabrics in different ways, but sunlight, whether direct or indirect, will nevertheless always affect fabric colour. Darker fabrics, because they have further to fall, are likely to discolour and fade more. Different fabrics, dark or light are liable to fade or discolour at different rates.
- We recommend that you dry clean all removable covers from our Products.
- Our Sofas, Beds and Sofa Beds come with a 10-year frame and construction guarantee against faulty workmanship and/or faulty materials. This excludes Products purchased from our Clearance and Ex-display.
- Cushion fillings and coverings and upholstery on our Products are guaranteed for one year from the date of delivery except that we do not provide any guarantee for fabric (or other items) supplied at your specification by yourself or a third party, nor in respect of any defect in Products caused by any defect in, failure of or unsuitability of any fabric or other items so supplied.
- Our Guarantees do not cover fair wear and tear, neglect, abuse or misuse of your Products (including failure to follow any Product care instructions that we provide), loss or damage (including rusting and corrosion) due to unreasonable exposure to water or weather; loss or damage due to fire, smoke, explosion, lightning, sunlight, infestation by animals or boring insects, theft, accidental damage or loss or damage caused by a third party.
- Guarantees are rendered invalid if any product or mechanism is tampered with prior to any fault being reported.
- Our Guarantees are limited to Products sold and retained in the Mainland UK and used solely for non-commercial purposes.
- Where defective Products are covered by one of our Guarantees, we will endeavour to repair them free of charge. If a repair is not possible you will be offered a replacement and only if a suitable replacement is not available will you be offered a refund.
- Our Guarantees may not be assigned to a third party.
- The above guarantees are in addition to, and do not affect, your statutory rights.
- If you wish to make a claim under our Guarantees, please contact us by phone on 01483 410007, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Damaged / Faulty Goods
- In the unlikely event that you receive your order in a faulty or damaged condition, please contact us the next working day either by email at email@example.com or phone us on 01483 410007. This will allow us to make the necessary arrangements for collecting/repairing the damaged/faulty goods and sending you a replacement.
- Please note it is important that you keep all the original packaging and carefully repackage the item with the exception of sofas, beds and sofa beds. Our courier will make the collection and upon inspection at our warehouse a refund or replacement will be sent at our expense.
- We endeavour to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products that appear on our Website. However we cannot guarantee that your monitor will accurately reflect the colour of the Product delivered. Please ensure you receive a fabric sample of your chosen fabric prior to confirming your order.
- Our contract with you shall not be concluded until we have received your valid payment details and we have accepted the order by way of a Sales Order confirmation by return e-mail to the email address you have given us during the online payment process.
- Every effort is made to ensure the complete accuracy of our Website however some prices/details may change from time to time and it is possible that errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the Product(s) you have ordered we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible. You will then be given the option of re-confirming your order at the correct price or cancelling your order. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, then we may treat the order as cancelled and notify you of this by email. If an order for Products is cancelled and you have already paid for the Products, we will give you a full refund as soon as reasonably possible (and in any event within thirty (30) days of cancellation).
- We reserve the right to refuse any order placed by you.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by and are to be construed in accordance with English law and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
Details of our Guardsman furniture protection scheme are available on request. Separate terms and conditions apply.