Legal & Privacy
Address: Love Your Home, Fox Barn, Peper Harow Park, Godalming, Surrey, GU8 6BQ
Telephone: 01483 410007
LYHFL Ltd trading as Love Your Home is registered in England and Wales, company no. 08643440, VAT No: 169546857, and with our registered office at Colin Noon, 'Pentland', Farley Heath, Albury, Nr Guildford, Surrey GU5 9EW.
The personal data we collect from you directly can include your name, email address, mobile/landline telephone number, address, credit or debit card or other payment information, and information you give us when you contact our customer services team or when you engage with our social media platform (for example by tagging us in a post on Instagram).
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you purchase products from us in store, online, or over the phone
- When you contact us or we contact you to take part in competitions or promotions
- When you contact our customer services team in store or over the phone
- When you engage with us on social media (by mentioning/tagging us or by contacting us directly)
- When you sign up to our newsletter
How do we use your personal data?
We may use the personal data which we collect for the following purposes:
- Processing orders you may make
- Billing and order fulfilment
- To notify you of any changes to our goods or services which may affect you.
- Security and fraud prevention
- Complying with our legal obligations
We use your personal data to provide you with the information, products and services that you request or purchase from us (i.e. to complete certain tasks, processes or orders, take payment and deliver your products or services), and to communicate with you regarding those products that you purchase from us and respond to your questions and comments.
We rely on our contractual arrangements with you as the lawful basis on which we collect and process your personal data when you make an order for products and services.
We use your personal data for marketing purposes to provide you with marketing material via email if you have given us your consent to this. We rely on your consent to send email marketing messages to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also opt out of receiving our marketing emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link displayed at the end of those emails.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We will never sell any of your personal data to a third party. However, in order for us to provide our services to you, we share your personal data with our trusted third party service providers as detailed below. Whenever we share your personal data, we ensure there are safeguards in place which require these organisations to keep your data safe and to guarantee that they do not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes.
To fulfil orders for products and services
We work with several trusted service providers who carry out services on our behalf. When you purchase products from us, the services provided by these organisations includes delivery, product assembly and installation and waste removal. It is in our legitimate interests as a business to work with these service providers since we may not have the capabilities to provide these services ourselves. In each case, we will ensure that the service provider is only allowed to use your personal data in order to provide the services to us and for no other purpose.
To prevent crime and comply with laws
We share your financial information including your credit, debit card or other payment information with third parties to ensure that your payment is safe and that your details are not being used fraudulently. This data sharing enables us to conduct fraud analysis which ensures that genuine and accurate payment details are provided to us for any purchase. We may share your personal data with credit agencies if you are requesting credit.
There may be other scenarios where we are subject to a legal obligation to share or disclose your personal data, such as with law enforcement agencies or public authorities in order to prevent or detect crime or fulfil a legal requirement
Transfer of your personal data outside the EEA
You have a number of rights relating to your personal information and what happens to it. You are entitled to:
- Have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent way
- Be informed about how your personal data is being used
- Access personal data we hold about you
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data
- Require us to delete personal data concerning you in certain situations where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it
- Request that we transfer your personal data to you or another service provider in a simple, structured format
- Object at any time to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes
- Object to automated decision making which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- Otherwise restrict or temporarily stop our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
You can read more about your rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, in the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public. You also have the right to complain about our use of personal data to the ICO. You can do these by contacting the ICO via their website https://ico.org.uk/concerns or by calling 0303 123 1113.
If you would like to speak to us in relation to any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changing your preferences
If you no longer wish to be contacted by us about our products, or for other marketing purposes, you can amend your preferences or unsubscribe by contacting us.
We want to ensure that all the information we have about our customers is factually correct and up to date. If you find that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate or needs updating (for instance, you may have changed your name or address) then please contact us so that we can correct it. If you have created a profile on the Love Your Home website, you can change the details stored about you by logging into your account.
Security & retention of your personal data
Security of your personal data
We take the security of your personal data very seriously. We have implemented various policies and measures to keep your data secure and keep these measures under close review. Your data is protected and only accessible by employees and third parties who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
Retention of your personal data
In a similar way to many other online retailers, we may use “cookies” to store and track information about your usage of our site. These cookies are small pieces of information, which are transferred from our site and stored in a small text file on your computer’s hard drive. They help us to deliver a more personalised service to you. We use the following types of cookies:
- Necessary cookies – These help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Statistic cookies – These help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- Marketing cookies – These are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers. We use Google Display Advertising and have Google Analytics tracking code to support this. Analytics collects data about our site’s traffic and this is used to implement our online advertising and remarketing whereby our ads are shown on sites across the internet. Our Third-party vendors (including Google) use first-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on users past visits to our website. We cannot gain personally identifiable information from these cookies. You can opt-out of Analytics through Google’s Ads Preferences Manager. Opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won’t see adverts, just simply that they won’t be tailored to you any longer.
- Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying.
If you do not want to use “cookies” most Internet browser programs will permit you to turn them off. Should you do this, you will be able to access our site as normal, but some processes that depend on cookies may not work properly.
Changes to these policies