We are a high end furniture retailer and have an immediate requirement for a Warehouse Manager. You will be expanding our new logistics department as we take on a larger percentage of our delivery requirements in house. You will be involved in recruiting the right delivery team for driving and warehouse management, expanding on this as the business grows. This role involves managing all aspects of our logistics.
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations.
- Liase with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics, transportation companies and customers.
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organisation to improve operational and financial performance.
- Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements.
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs.
- Help manage rates and contracts with external transportation and logistics providers.
- Recommend optimal transport modes, routes or frequency.
- Ensure compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports, or customer issues.
- Review the impact of logistics changes, such as routing, product volumes or carriers.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimisation opportunities.
- Ensure the integrity of inventory accuracy and manage stock movements.
- Identify and resolve any stock discrepancies and ensure system records are in agreement.
- Ensure IT systems in place are effective, maintained, and accurate.
- Oversee inbound and outbound transport.
Job Type: Full time, Permanent